Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photo of the Day (8) and some other rich content

For those of you who don't watch Comedy Central from 11:30 to 12:00 am (you won't understand why I made that distinction unless you watch it), check out the great new premium denim line that Gap has made for 1-5 year olds, specifically the skinny jeans that you see modeled on the left! I'm far less interested in seeing the toddlers try to pull off that look than I am in seeing the parents who actually want their 1-5 year olds rocking premium skinny jeans. Now there's a picture!



As for my photo of the day, I thought that today I would post a photo by Brian Ulrich. Ulrich, in addition to receiving a Guggenheim grant for his photos, has been a huge inspiration of mine with his Dark Stores series. Yesterday, he wrote on his blog about how his daughter was born just two days ago, so it will be interesting to see how his work changes with his life. Here's one of his photos as well as a picture that I was inspired to make based on his work.

© Brian Ulrich





2 comments:

  1. 1. That ad is hilarious.
    2. You really did capture his style. I actually think I like yours better because of the light inside the store and the reflections in the water. It adds a lot more to the simple paved parking lot and the light inside really adds dimension so you can see inside. I would prefer if your sign wasn't cut off at the top. But I'm assuming you had a reason for doing so? Maybe it was unappealing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Liz said about the reflections...your's is better.

    ReplyDelete